Saturday, July 14, 2012

GRACE POTTER GETS HER SIGNATURE FLYING V

Grace Potter
Gibson USA has released the Grace Potter Signature Flying V, one of the hippest tone machines to come down the pike in a very long time.

The guitar features a hand-sprayed Nocturnal Brown gloss nitrocellulose top finish and satin natural back, sides and neck, and cream-painted Lexan pickguard with custom silkscreened art deco border.

Grace Potter designed the look of the guitar herself. “I grew up around wood; my father is a sign maker and woodworker so I was thrilled to come to the Gibson factory and find that they took such pride in the quality of wood, color and craftsmanship. I chose the color and pickguard style based on an amalgamation of guitars I already owned – kind of creating my dream guitar. The pickguard is actually based on a cocktail napkin that I loved that I found somewhere on the road.”

"Me like Tina Turner? Well, sometimes they’re complements, and sometimes they’re not. I mean, comparisons are unavoidable, but there is a piece of me that believes that comparisons do not do a band any kind of favors. It changes the way the listener perceives the music because, they’re constantly comparing it to some other artist. So, we try to avoid that".

No comments:

Post a Comment