Sunday, March 11, 2012

RUSH, CLOCKWORK ANGELS OUT ON MAY 29

Rush
Ready for some new Rush? Good! According to Blabbermouth, Rush’s highly anticipated new album, Clockwork Angels, is set to drop on May 29 in the U.S. on Roadrunner Records and in Canada via Anthem/Universal Music. The CD also is slated to be released in Japan on May 23 on Warner Music.

Clockwork Angels is the follow-up to 2007’s Snakes & Arrows, and the guys of Rush went to the production team of Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Stone Sour) and engineer Richard Chycki (Aerosmith, Dream Theater) for the recording.

Rush drummer Neil Peart recently checked in with Modern Drummer to talk about his dedication to the art of creating sick rhythms and beats. “I made a comment somewhere about drumming in one of my stories, and Doane Perry remarked on it. I said that when I’m sitting at a light with my turn signal on, that’s a click track, and my fingers start playing. You don’t ever stop being a drummer – that’s absurd psychologically,” he said. “And Doane said, ‘I do the same thing. I play a little cadenza on the steering wheel.’ Of course. We all do. I’m constantly thinking about rhythms, and there’s always music in my head.”

Peart added that he has a goal that he “absolutely will practice every day. There’s no other way to get it,” he said. “It’s not like I’m being lazy. Buddy Rich, for example, hated practicing, would never do it, would never rehearse with the band. Well, he was that good. [laughs] That’s all. I know I need to practice, and I do, for whatever purpose – if I’m rehearsing for a tour, if I’m just playing for fun, or if I’m practicing exercises that a teacher gives me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment