Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SINGER BILL MORRISSEY HAD DIED AT 59

Bill Morrissey
Singer, songwriter, and author Bill Morrissey has died at the age of 59.

Morrissey has released ten albums since 1984, and two were nominated for Grammy awards. He was also the author of the novels Edson and Imaginary Runner. The New Hampshire native has been open about battling his own demons. Here's a post from his official webite, dated September, 2009:

"Most everybody knows that I’ve had some rough sledding for the last few years including my well known battle with the booze.  A couple of years ago I was diagnosed as bipolar and I am on medication for depression but sometimes the depression is stronger than the medication. When the depression hits that badly I can’t eat and I can barely get out of bed.  Everything is moving in the right direction now and throughout all of this I have continued to write and write and write.  I now have enough songs for 2 new albums and I am very much looking forward to getting back in the studio. My health is better than it has been in a long time.  I look forward to getting back on the road and seeing familiar faces and old friends who have stuck by me".

No comments:

Post a Comment