Friday, April 29, 2011

DAG STOKKE PASSES AWAY

Dag Stokke
Dag Stokke, the keyboard player of Norwegian heavy metal veterans TNT, passed away yesterday morning after a struggle against cancer. He was 44 years old.

A statement from the band's drummer Morten "Diesel" Dahl reads as follows: "He was simply a wonderful human being. Positive and with a very good life."

Former TNT vocalist Tony Harnell also commented on Dag's passing, saying: "I can't believe I am writing these words. Sadly, this morning I have to say goodbye to Dag Stokke, my long time friend and keyboardist for TNT, who has left us today way too young. He fought a hard battle with dignity, courage and optimism. I will always see him in my mind, smiling at me from across the stage. A gentle giant, a huge spirit, truly an angel on this earth. I loved him very much as did so many that he touched in his brief time here. My thoughts are with his son Jonathan and his family and friends. Have a good journey my friend. I will miss you dearly."

No comments:

Post a Comment